So, you have decided to build your dream home. Home building is a journey and the best way to ensure a smooth process is to hire qualified professionals. Just like you probably wouldn't do the home building yourself, don't do the excavation yourself either. Excavation is required before you can begin laying the foundation. Here are just some of the excavation services that you will need before the actual home building begins.
- Survey the land. This works as a guide to follow through the excavation and construction process.
- Drill a pump line. This removes water in the ground that could potentially flood into your work area.
- Perform a soil test. The wrong type of soil can work against you and put your home's foundation at risk of shifting.
- Clear out the land. This means removing things like stumps and trees that could get in the way of building your new home.
- An excavation company can also level out your land for a much more functional outdoor space.
- If you want a basement, it will need to be dug.
- What about an in-ground swimming pool or man-made pond? A professional excavation company can assist you with that too.
- Install weeping pipe. Weeping pipe is also called weeping tile or drain tile. It provides drainage for underground water (see below).